Monday, December 5, 2011

Baking/Cooking Blogs

Since I am most well-known for writing The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook (available now on Amazon and at all major book retailers), I thought I'd list a few of my favorite food blogs.

First, there's Smitten Kitchen. I've been viewing this blog for ages now. While I mostly tried her desserts, I've recently ventured in to trying out some of her non-sweet dishes and man oh man, they're just as amazing. I really like Smitten Kitchen because she patiently explains how to do things. And the photos are amazing.

Speaking of amazing photos-- and basic culinary creativity, of which both these blogs have tons-- let's check out Sprinkle Bakes. Sprinkle Bakes is the most gorgeous dessert blog I've ever seen. I want THIS to be my wedding cake.

Both Smitten Kitchen and Sprinkle Bakes have cookbooks out which I plan to purchase immediately.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's kosher to ask a recipe question here, but I'm gonna risk it. I'm making the District 4 bread. At step 5, you're at the end of the very first 45 minute rise. You pat it, flip it, return it to the bowl. "Return to bowl and let rise, covered, another 45 minutes. Repeat the process for another 45-minute rise." So the first sentence is the second 45-minute rise. Is the next sentence a third 45-minute rise or merely clarifying that you should be doing all the same steps for the second rise?
    - Sign Me Probably More Effie than Katniss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regan - Sorry for the late response! I am a big fan of that extra third 45 minute rise, but I've also skipped in when under a time crunch and have been fine. I just do it for an extra "oomph." You don't have to. :) Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks so much for the answer. Trying it out next weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete